Its that time of year again.Since last year’s giveaway was a smashing success, as promised, I’m doing it again! Good luck!
Remember to reblog as text.
- One lucky Tumblr blogger will receive ONE ABJD (Asian-Ball-Jointed-Doll) from any legitimate company for up to $500 not including shipping.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate (No exceptions)
- Basic dolls and limiteds that are still available by the end of the contest are eligible as prizes.
- You don’t have to follow my blog in order to enter.
- Only ONE reblog per contestant will be considered in the drawing of this giveaway not likes.
- Contest ends December 13
- The winner will be announced via livestream at midnight
- The doll will be ordered direct from the company unless in stock by local distributor.
- Due to the nature of the production of these items dolls usually take to a minimum of a month and over to be completed. The winner will be forwarded any correspondence that I receive from the company.
- The winner may get extras included with their doll (faceup, wig, eyes, clothes, etc) as long as the total doesn’t exceed $500 and is from the same company.
- The winner must contact me within 72 hours of notification of winning or gain penalty of automatic forfeit of the prize to the runner up.
- If the winner decides not to use the complete amount of $500 they forfeit the remaining balance.
- This giveaway is not associated with Tumblr (including, without limitation, that it isn’t administered, sponsored, or endorsed by Tumblr), and a statement that each person participating is giving information to me and not to Tumblr.
- I am no way associated with any the ABJD company. Everything provided will come out of my own pocket and the generosity of my heart.
- Dolls listed in image are as follows: Iplehouse-Eric, Ringdoll-Crystal, Migidoll-Ell, Souldoll-Maa Ba, Dollzone-Cherry, Dollmore-Suntan Keeley
After 100 years, the Priest must surrender to the demands of Hollywood and convert to digital projection to continue entertaining.
I have never asked for money, but if you all want to go donate to help save one of the oldest running movie theaters in America I wouldn’t be upset.
If Tumblr can get someone a fluffy chicken, Tumblr can save the coolest thing my town has.
Reblogging because I love old theaters and I’m moving to a place near High Springs very soon. Please help keep this theater open - my dad saw his first movie, “The Lone Ranger” at this theater. It would be super cool to see the new Lone Ranger together here. C’mon Tumblr, you can do this. They’re SOOOO close to the goal! Please donate or reblog. <3
And they do have options for people who don’t live in the area!
Reblobbing for the morning crew.
Prin made a good point - there are TWO separate (and affordable!) levels for those who just want to support a historical theater but are unable to be a patron. As of 9:30 this morning, the kickstarter is just a little over $1000 away from the goal. Anything they make over the goal will go towards fixing the foundation and exterior. Even if you’re not local, you can still help. Please consider even the smallest amount or reblog and see if we can get this thing funded!
And as always, thank you. <3
I lost my job last week for standing up for myself/queer people. If asked, my boss and I might give differing reports as to what happened: she would undoubtedly say that I quit. I can’t quite deny that but it the situation is way more complicated than just deciding to leave.
Lemme back up a…
I really hope you get some closure or at least a professional, well thought response. I dealt with racist, homophobic, fat-shaming (this time about myself, personally) jokes and comments for almost 2 years, and I was *glad* when they let me go due to budget cuts. I didn’t have the guts to walk out, but I did take my complaints to the CFO - who in turn told the CEO (the man who made the comments) - who in turn took me aside and said *I* was the one out of line and how he was disappointed in me that I didn’t see him as a kind, older uncle figure. Uh, no. I was glad and relieved when they had to let me go due to budget cuts, despite the uncertainty for the future. So I applaud you and feel for you, and I hope something really good comes from this.
By Andy KhouriThe Kryptonian countdown clock running on I Will Find Him hit zero Tuesday night and revealed a new theatrical trailer for Man of Steel. Promoting the new Zack Snyder film based on the DC Comics superhero created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, the clip answers the dour tone of the earlier presentations with some rousing, heroic business. Included are some tantalizing action shots and an exchange between Lois Lane and Superman that for many skeptical ComicsAlliance readers will earn the film more than the benefit of the doubt.
well I got chills
WELL THIS DIDN’T MAKE ME CRY OR ANYTHING IN MY FRAGILE STATE NO SIR
My parents and I just watched this and got chills. I was dubious with the “omg dark angst Nolaaaaan” style of the previous trailers, but this infuses a bit more classic Supes and hope into the mix. Superman may not be the cool kids’ superhero anymore, but I still love him. And this looks like it *could be* a good, honest take on the character. enough to distance him from the lawful good sugar-coated (but ultimately beloved) Christopher Reeves version, or the visually appealing but widely disliked Brandon Routh version. We’ll be giving this a shot. (Plus, hello, girl crush Amy Adams, yes please.)
The Ranma 1/2 DVDs are now out of print. There has been lots of talk and rumors about whether Viz still own the license to the series or will let it go.
I know Viz’s Ranma 1/2 was a big part of many of our pasts, but let’s be honest. There are people who can do a better job with Ranma 1/2.
Viz did a lot to Ranma 1/2 that was good, but most of it was bad. The manga alone had some
Reblogging because YES! I would love for this to happen - especially if they were able to pick up Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura. Discotek does good work with older series, and I’m sure they could do great justice to Takahashi’s work. I’m just concerned that (and this isn’t meant as an argumentative response to the OP, but just to express an opinion in general), since these series are rather lengthy, filled with difficult puns and gags to parse into English for the masses*, and of an older (and let’s face it, rather varied in quality) animation style, they may well pass on them due to the expenses involved in the theoretical complete re-translation and re-subbing of these shows.
All that said, I will, like the faithful Ranma fan I am, go find that post and like the hell out of it. New translations or not, I need to complete my Ranma collection. Especially if they use the Blu-ray remasters.
*I say for the masses, since I am familiar with Japanese culture and language, so people with similar knowledge may not find Ranma’s puns that difficult to understand or to find humor in. The strength of Viz’s translations and dubs was that it found, not necessarily direct translations of these gags and puns, but similar phrases and jokes in English to get the general point across (usually) without making the dialog awkward or sound forced or fake - something I can’t really say for some other well-known and loved translated series. YMMV, of course, but for its day, and despite some missteps in phrasing or accuracy, Viz did a good job of translating (or transliterating) series so that the viewing audience didn’t necessarily need to know a lot about Japanese language and cultural intricacies in order to enjoy it. Granted, these days, anime’s audiences are a much more “sophisticated” group of people with a more in-depth curiosity and/or knowledge about Japan, and information and history about Japan is much easier accessed than it used to be. So perhaps a more direct translation of Ranma wouldn’t be as jarring to the viewers’ ears and eyes as it might’ve been 10, 15 years ago. I feel old. XD;
A mix I made for looking at stars to
while you mend your heart
@8tracks: “Stargazing-Heartmending Mix”
BAKER STREET BABES 500,000 LISTENS GIVEAWAY
Yeah. 500,000 listens to our podcast episodes. I think I had a hernia when I saw those numbers. Plus 15,000 of you on here on tumblr, 10,000 on twitter, and 2,000 on Facebook (that’s a little embarrassing in comparison actually…)
So in order to celebrate stupid numbers, we’re hosting a mega giveaway! There will be THREE giveaways running simultaneously. One for tumblr, one for twitter, and one for Facebook. You’ll be able to enter all three if you have accounts. This is for all of you who make running The Baker Street Babes so much fun. Thank you for your support, thank you for your love, thank you for your ridiculous gifsets.
Yeah. We love you all. Thanks for loving us back. Xx
TUMBLR BSB 500K GIVEAWAY: 2nd PRIZE
To enter this Giveaway…
- You MUST be following us. This is a gift to our followers.
- You may REBLOG & LIKE this post for two chances. tumblr doesn’t count multiple reblogs most of the time. Sometimes it works. Most of the time it doesn’t. So just be aware if you’re reblogging it all the live long day, only your first reblog may show and your followers may despise you.
- You may reblog/like the 1st Prize AND the 2nd prize post.
- THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS ON THE IDES OF MARCH. BECAUSE WE WANT TO SAY IDES OF MARCH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE THE IDES OF MARCH ARE EPIC.
- Winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- Have your ASK BOX OPEN! You will be given 48hours to reply before another random person is chosen.
Want to know what is what? Where to get it? Look no further! This is a HUGE thanks to everyone who donated their crafts and talents, PLEASE go check out their shops and sites!
- Jeremy Brett poster by nlmda
- Baker Street Babes, Won’t You 221 Be Mine poster by sketchlock
- Sherlock & John bookmark by mystradedoodles
- John bookmark by mystradedoodles
- Mycroft keychain by mystradedoodles
- Honey, You Should See Me In A Crown t-shirt by FeerieDoll
- Having Tea Mini 221b by lapinPetite
- Asylum’s Sherlock Holmes DVD aka the BEST adaptation ever.
- Baker Street Babes 221 Be Mine mug [x]
- Baker Street Babes Holmes & Watson By The Fire poster by ghostbees
- Baker Street Babes button [x]
- SHERLOPALOOZA program
- Mystrade in bed by mystradedoodles
- Lestrade button by mystradedoodles
- I Believe In Sherlock Holmes wristband by frostirons
- Sherlock Holmes Terror By Night/Dressed To Kill DVD
- Sherlock Holmes infinity scarf by Panjerize